Old June 27th 03, 12:12 AM
Nelson Binch

Default Opinions on Hayes HMX-1 Mechanical Disc Brakes?

"David L" wrote in message
| Anyone here fun the, or have any opinions on them, there selling cheap on
| jensonusa.
|
| Correct me if I'm wrong but all Hayes disc breaks mount directly to
Manitou
| forks, such as my Black?
|
| Would anyone have a website that explains mounting...
|
| TIA,
|
| Dave

Held them in my hands for the very first time today (they are on the 04
Giant Yukon - for the money an Ultra-Fantastic machine!) and they are
virtually identical to the Avid mechanicals and set up exactly the same way.
In fact, I like these a bit better, with the cable routing and such. I went
by the instruction sheet just to be sure the first time through, but they
can be set up in your sleep.

NOW HERE THIS --- "GROUNDCONTROL" SAYS:

I wish I had disk brake mounts on my MTB to mount these. Yes, I now want
disk brakes.

---
__o
_`\(,_ Cycling is life,