Old March 23rd 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Don Wiss

Default Gas Electric Hybrid Bike. Builder claims 130mpg

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 14:47:24 -0400, Don Wiss wrote:

Mopeds get about the same MPG as claimed here. And mopeds go much faster
than the 15/16 MPH here. I believe most (all?) mopeds are 2-stroke. What is
this Honda 1000? I did find that it is the same 50cc as a moped.

I've found that the Honda generator has reservoirs for both gas and oil. It
then mixes them for you. So this generator will pollute just as much as a
moped.

I have also found that 4 stroke "mopeds" exist. So these would win on air
pollution. But the one I found was really a 50cc scooter and not what I
would call a moped. It gets 142 mpg. I could not find the top speed.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).