Old July 20th 18, 01:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_2_]

Default Making America into Amsterdam

On 19/07/2018 8:31 PM, sms wrote:
On 7/19/2018 4:07 PM, Duane wrote:

snip

Strange but I’ve noticed a lot of road bike commuters here the last
couple
of days.Â*Â* Maybe it’s the TDFÂ* or maybe it’s the less humid temps.Â*Â* We
have a couple new bike paths in the area and they’re smooth, wide and
well
designed.Â* Amazing.Â* Seem to be getting used...

Perhaps they opened some new parking lots for those bike paths. That has
got to be it. As we recently learned "almost ALL trail users in almost
all areas use a car to haul their bike to the trail." LOL. Usenet is
always amusing.

I don't live out in the wilds with mountain lions and sabre tooth
tigers. I live in a city so the paths I'm talking about are ALL close
to parking. Like my driveway. Or my office parking lot. Or the
streets they parallel.

On rec rides I'm usually heading out toward Ontario where the roads are
better and I pass a few bike paths and some of them have parking lots.
And the lots and paths are always full on weekends so I don't use them.
But I don't see the point of belittling people that do ride bikes only
for recreation. A lot of people start like that and find they like
cycling enough to use their bikes instead of their cars.