Old August 9th 17, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition Bicycle Summit and the Failureof Vehicular Cycling.

On 8/9/2017 4:40 PM, jbeattie wrote:
I am positive that there will be more injuries in this new facility than there ever were without it.

On that note: I have a colleague in Columbus, Ohio. The city installed
a bi-directional cycle track on something like 15 blocks (IIRC) of
mostly residential streets north of the university.

She reports that in the year before the installation, there were two
car-bike crashes in that stretch. In the year after, there were 15.

Somehow, the cycle track fans are not trumpeting those crash statistics.

--
- Frank Krygowski