Old November 28th 03, 10:17 PM
Richard Goodman

Default Wrong way round lighting in Twickers

"Dave Kahn" wrote in message
om...
Cycling through darkest Twickenham last night I saw a bike coming
towards me showing a flashing red light at the front. I wondered what,
if anything, he would have on the back so after we'd crossed I craned
the old neck round to have a good look. Flashing yellow. Leaving aside
the issue of whether a flashing yellow light is appropriate for the
front, I can't recall having seen anyone put their lights on the wrong
way round before. Maybe he thought he needed to swap them over for the
return leg of his journey. :-)

Never seen that, although from other comments it seems not that uncommon. W
h y would anyone do that? It just seems like gobsmacking stupidity. Are
they so lacking in intelligence they haven't managed to pick up a clue about
which way round they're supposed to go by observation, or just so lacking in
intelligence that they can't realise why it's important for their own safety
that they conform to the norm?

Rich