Old September 15th 06, 03:04 PM posted to nyc.bicycles,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.general
NYC XYZ

Default Helmet Nazis at It Again!

Many neo-cons were once liberal, particularly the Jewish ones who
became disaffected by the '60s and '70s.

Don't get me wrong -- "paid vacations" was a "liberal" idea once, "sick
leave" was "liberal" once, "pension plans" was "liberal" at first, the
eight-hour workday and five-day workweek was once "liberal"...but WRT
the helmet lobby, it's mainly liberals I see pushing this helmet thing
around (all the mainstream bike advocacy organizations, for example).
Interestingly, the "radical" ones like Time's Up! don't seem to push it
as hard.

Gary L. Burnore wrote:

Some of them are neocons, some are liberal. Try not to be blinded by
your politics.

--
gburnore at DataBasix dot Com
How you look depends on where you go.
| ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
Official .sig, Accept no substitutes. | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
| ÝÛ 0 1 7 2 3 / Ý³Þ 3 7 4 9 3 0 Û³
Black Helicopter Repair Services, Ltd.| Official Proof of Purchase