Old March 12th 08, 01:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Marz

Default Shimano, IMBA Release MTB Economics "Study" (Read "Lies")

On Mar 11, 7:22*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:13:21 -0400, Eric Vey
wrote:

Jeff Strickland wrote:

"Eric Vey" wrote in message
Jason wrote:
* Mike Vandeman :
"50 million Americans mountain bike"? Yeah, right. This "study" is
nothing but lies designed to promote mountain biking -- nothing new
for mountain bikers. They never write ANYTHING that isn't propaganda...

So you have a lot in common with them then, what's your point?

Jason

I can only guess that the 50 million number comes from the Bicycle
Shaped Objects sold in Wal-Mart and Co. 90% of the BSOs are in the MTB
style. There is no way that a Roadmaster MTB style bike (a BSO) could
survive 10 minutes of real mountain biking because something would
break in that 10 minutes.

Mike insists that it would be your scrotum that would break, therefore
you should stay home.

I wouldn't know. I plonked Mike and Dolan so long ago that I haven't
kept up. I don't know why people haven't done that.

Because they are too stupid.

So you're saying the 'smart' thing to do, is to put you on our ignore
list. Does this mean you admit you have nothing of value for us to
read?