Old November 14th 17, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Why do some forks and frames have brake rotor size limits?

On 2017-11-13 15:50, John B. wrote:
Seriously? California cyclists can't fix a flat tire?

Most can but they won't. I'd hoped it had become clear by now that this
is a commonly used excuse, not an admittance of incompetence.

There are many people who can't fix a flat bike tire. It's sad but true,
and it's not going to get any better.

The denizens of this group tend to be people who love bikes and are at
least reasonably competent with tools. But as I've described in the
past, I've done simple bike repairs for otherwise very intelligent
people (including engineering PhDs) who were baffled by the simplest
mechanical things.

They just don't want to ride.

This is true. Again, we're an unusual group. If you gave every American
a perfectly safe, absolutely level, completely separated bike path
directly from their house to their favorite grocery store one mile away,
I doubt more than 3% would ride bikes to shop.

--
- Frank Krygowski