Old February 6th 18, 12:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Would you have the guts to do this?

On 05/02/18 20:09, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 2:35:59 PM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 03/02/18 14:05, Simon Jester wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWs4SFvGVyY&t=515s

8.35

Simple. The driver posting the rubbish back through the window was
bigger and had a bigger vehicle. Some claim that only cyclists use
this technique.

Indeed. If a cyclist did this to a 'law abiding' motorist, the 'law
abiding' motorists's response would be "I'll ****ing run you over",
which is illegal and could lead to life in prison.

Eh, imprison a driver for running down a cyclist? I must have missed
something.

Looking at the whole clip, it is interesting to see how many people
seem to think that the art of avoiding an accident involves using
the horn to scream "get out of the way because I'm not going to
stop". Interesting because some posters have come here to suggest
that drivers are qualified because they have been trained. I'm
really behind the times if this technique is part of the test.

My sentiments exactly, if you have time to sound the horn you have
time to avoid the incident.

I was thinking about all the stories the moronist faction drag up about
"typical cyclists" doing things drivers never do.