Old March 9th 13, 09:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc

Default Ed Dolan the Great - telling it like it is!

On Friday, March 8, 2013 4:56:10 PM UTC-6, Edward Dolan wrote:
wrote in message

On Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:49:51 PM UTC-6, Edward Dolan wrote:

I also sometimes wonder if Jim McNamara licked his prostate cancer. I

suspect he did. He was too damn ornery ever to die!

Say Ed ... your assert that I'm ornery??? This from one of the most

ornery persons on planet Earth, what we have here is a case of the pot

calling the kettle black. For someone who was diagnosed with prostate

cancer, you are not very well informed about the disease. As concerns my

health status, I'm still alive, but feel under no obligation to satisfy

your curiosity with an update. Now, when I was diagnosed, I specifically

told you that my disease was staged clinical stage 4 which is terminal

(read incurable). I fail to comprehend what you don't understand about

that. Then again, you never have been a good listener and are seldom

willing to accept anything stated at face value.

What is there to understand. Just because your prostate cancer was diagnosed

as terminal does not mean you can’t live another 20 years. Life itself is

terminal, but many of us manage to live a long time in spite of that

prognosis.

What is there to understand? Well, for one I had a PSA of 385.4 and a Gleason Score of 8. For the purpose of prognosis, a PSA over 4 is reason for alarm and a Gleason Score above 8 is indicative of an aggressive form of cancer. These two combined figures are indicators that my "expiration date" was much sooner than 20 years. The point that I was making though was in reference to your wondering if I had "licked" my prostate cancer. With the current state of medical technology, my advance disease is not curable. That is what you seemed not to comprehend. Now that I have spelled things out for you, I trust that you now understand..

You've not seen any posts from me for a long time simply because I've

better things to do with my time than to waste time on someone who has

proven himself to be a lost cause.

Time spent on Usenet is a waste regardless of whom you are addressing unless

all the asshole screwballs can be filtered out.

I presume you include yourself since you have gone on record to state that you are the biggest asshole on Usenet. To be perfectly honest, your pugnacious combativeness, unsubstantiated repetitious assertions, and especially your unyielding, obnoxious false sense of infallibility became so exasperating that I eventually had to refrain from replying to you. I needed to curtail any and all cyber-communications. I needed a time out. Life is just to short to waste much of it on someone so hell bent on being the number one jackass on Usenet.

That means a monitor

(editor) and one who is smarter than your average poster. No one in their

right mind would ever take on the task of monitoring a ****ed up newsgroup

... and they are all ****ed up – no exceptions!

Although I disagree your masticated and regurgitated opinion is well know since it has been repeatec countless times.

Tom Sherman has decided to look out for his career rather than try to get in

any last words on Usenet. That is the smart thing for him to do. Usenet is

for folks like myself who do not give a damn about careers ... or much of

anything else either for that matter.

Tibetan Monkey killed the group (RBS) although it was already half dead.

So it wasn't Ed Gin after all ;~)

The few mountain bikers were here strictly for Mr. Vandeman who humored them by

pretending they had some intelligence. I simply lambasted them for the fools

that they were. Good riddance to them!

In fact, good riddance to everyone – including myself!

Ed Dolan the Great

PS: I am delighted that you are alive and kicking. Whatever you are doing,

keep it up as it must be doing some good.

42 fractions of radiation, triple androgen deprivation (hormone) therapy, dietary changes, supplementation, etc. I've not had a measurable PSA for more than two years now. Assuming that you are sincere, then thanks for being delighted.