Old March 10th 13, 10:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default Ed Dolan the Great - telling it like it is!

wrote in message
[...]

Jim McNamara wrote:

42 fractions of radiation, triple androgen deprivation (hormone) therapy,
dietary changes, supplementation, etc. I've not had a measurable PSA for
more than two years now. Assuming that you are sincere, then thanks for
being delighted.

How is that androgen deprivation therapy working out for you I wonder? I
had a friend who was on that for many years and it never seemed to bother
him in the least. I had just one shot prior to my radiation treatments and
it just about drove me crazy. I had almost continuous hot flashes night and
day for 4 months. I knew I would never get used to it, but many of the guys
at the VA were so scared of cancer that they wanted to continue to get those
shots even after their initial treatments.

By the way, those shots are expensive. I think you could probably get them
at the VA for not much cost.

Best,

Ed Dolan the Great