Old April 19th 16, 09:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Andrew Chaplin

Default AG: Doorways

Frank Krygowski wrote in news:nf493t$opr$1@dont-
email.me:

On 4/18/2016 7:16 AM, Andrew Chaplin wrote:
Joy Beeson wrote in
news
On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 15:29:10 -0000 (UTC), Andrew Chaplin
wrote:

"Kickstand"? Heaven forefend!

Flatfoots have no top tube. Really hard to lean one on a pole.

I lean the saddle or crank the against the pole.

40 years ago, a British friend showed me his trick: Put the curb side
pedal just behind the direct downward (6 O'clock) position; prop that
pedal on the curb, and lean the front wheel into the curb. The force of
the curb upward on the pedal tries (weakly) to drive the bike forward;
but the wheel turned into the curb prevents it from moving.

I do that daily as I leave the House and turn to lock the front door.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO