Old May 10th 16, 03:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Snacks

On Mon, 9 May 2016 22:58:53 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Peasant food? I nominate pierogi! Preferably with a variety of
fillings, not just the classic potato.

If you can come up with a way to make them hot and ready to eat while
cycling, I'll nominate you for canonization. (And two popes ago, you'd
have been a shoo-in!)

I think the support crews for the Race Across America have worked that
out. It is rumored that one rider rode no-hands while using a Frisbee
for a plate. I hope he ate with his fingers.

Just looked up "pierogi" on Wikipedia. Sounds like something you
could drop into a pot of boiling water a few at a time as riders
straggle into the feeding station.

Also sounds a lot like my favorite lunch at the Chinatown Express.

Garnished with fried onion? As good for on-demand. The fast riders
get fried onions, the stragglers get caramelized onion.

A little farther down, I got to "fried in butter after boiling".
Freshening them up in butter would be quicker than boiling to order,
and they could be kept warm on a steam table.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://wlweather.net/PAGEJOY/