Old August 28th 17, 09:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Taya Chain

I replaced the chain that I broke on Saturday with one I had in my
garage that I must have purchased five to ten years ago.

It has a connecting link and it says "Taya" on it. It's for 6,7,8
gearing. It seems okay, but I think that this is the first time I've
used a chain with a connecting link since childhood. I looked up Taya
and it's a big Taiwanese chain manufacturer.

I bought it when RiteAid had just taken over Payless and was in the
process of destroying the Payless stores and was closing out all their
bicycle stuff and all their sporting goods. They once had an impressive
selection of bicycle stuff, fishing stuff, and camping stuff. Before
Long's was destroyed by CVS, Long's even sold some Park Tools.

---