Old September 12th 17, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Cyclist attacked with axe while travelling to work betweenMiddlesbrough and Redcar

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 14:43:54 +0100, Bod wrote:

A CYCLIST has been attacked with an axe and strangled with his helmet
strap as he made his way to work across the Eston Hills, near
Middlesbrough.

Harry Alexander took a short cut across to the Eston Nab yesterday
morning, Thursday, when he was attacked by a group of men.

He was attacked with an axe handle and kicked in the face.

He said: "Lads turned up as I was wheeling back, escorted me with a
beating, a few axe handles to the legs, strangled with my helmet strap
while I was down, a few kicks to the face and one of them shouted
"enough, get him gone now boys'."

He said he was then kicked in the ribs with a steel toe cap, before
being threatened.

Mr Alexander's bike was "battered" and his Garmin sat nav destroyed.

He was later treated in hospital for his injuries.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/new...action=success

ROTFPMSL!* I wish there was a video.

And I thought helmets were supposed to* protect you?

Against axe attacks!? Are you sure you know what you are saying.

--
Bod