Old August 27th 19, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Chinese Carbon Wheelset

On 8/26/2019 11:14 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 7:47:01 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 8/26/2019 6:00 PM, Duane wrote:
jbeattie wrote:

I love my Emonda. It goes to 11, and as I was riding over hill and dale
this weekend, I used every gear. Compared to my commuter pig, it's like
an eBike. I should have gotten discs! Actually, the direct mount dual
pivots stop really well, but there is the issue of rim wear.

I don’t know about using every gear but I definitely appreciate my 11
speed. I’m loving the mid compact too. Rollers are my favorite and this
setup works well.

People do love mid compacts these days. Before that, they loved standard
compacts. And before that, they loved 52-42. They once loved half-steps,
too, and I forget what other schemes I may be leaving out.

The one consistent fact is, whatever is being advertised right now is
the bees knees!

It's bizarre that you're criticizing a market trend that promotes wide gear ranges. What, to you, is a legitimate transmission? 42/52 13-21? Are you criticizing spinning? I don't get it with all your complaining about racing bikes with narrow gear ranges being foisted on the unwary consumer.

I'm not complaining about any of those. I'm merely pointing out that the
fashions continually change, and people continually buy into what's in
fashion.

--
- Frank Krygowski