Old May 11th 21, 02:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Power Meters?

On 5/10/2021 8:56 PM, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 10 May 2021 19:30:19 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 5/10/2021 6:06 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Mon, 10 May 2021 13:20:11 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

in re automobiles; This is an improvement? Modern cars lock
themselves, sometimes with keys inside[1]. WTF?

I switch on the fuel pump, switch on the
ignition/accessories and push the starter button. Keys are
enough trouble but electronic keys? Really? No thanks.

And when the battery dies in your magical dodad you can't even get in
the car :-(

Our not-very-new Mazda has an electronic key or fob. I'm not crazy about
its bulk, but the other problems are being overstated.

First, its battery has died only twice in eight years. Each time it
died, the first symptom was reduced range on the remote door lock; but
even if the range dropped to zero, it contains an old-style door key.

Second, with even a glimmer of battery left (or perhaps none at all?)
you can hold the fob to a certain spot on the dash and the car
recognizes it. That gives me several days to buy a CR2032 battery.

.... Or to get one of the dozen or so that I saved when changing
cyclometer batteries during the year. The strongest of those is always
good for a while in other devices; I'm sure it would work in the car fob.

--
- Frank Krygowski