Old August 7th 05, 06:01 AM
Gooserider

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
news
In article ,
writes:
A couple of times lately I have seen something that looks very much
like a miniature Harley-Davidson motorcycle tooling around the streets.
Get a little closer, and they prove to be bicycles, with raised
handlebars, chopped forks, and massive tires that look like you'd have to
buy replacements from a motorcycle shop.
It looks to me like these things must be horribly slow and
inefficient,
but I think it would be interesting to hear from anyone who has actually
ridden one. Do they have any advantages, other than being "kewl?"

They used to be artistic expressions of uniqueness and other
expressable stuff.

Now there are "stock", commercially manufactured chopperz available.
And I see more people riding those things, than real Works of Art.
The whole deal has been culturally appropriated, for crass
commercial gain.

But, Tom, I rode one in the late 70s, and it was bought at Sears. Cycling
trends are cyclical, I guess.