Old April 8th 09, 08:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Tim McNamara

Default Cyclist shot in Terry Hershey Park

In article ,
"Papa Tom" wrote:

I'd imagine this is going to happen more and more often as the
economy gets worse and "amateur" thieves start going after the
easiest targets. Last summer was the first time I began to feel a
little uneasy riding in certain areas -- and I live on Long Island,
historically one of the safest places in the country.

Locally we have the Minneapolis Greenway which has become something of a
haven for gun-wielding types to rob cyclists riding the trail at night.
This is a paved trail through the heart of south Minneapolis that sees
thousands of users a day, but is also in a trench for some of its length
and thus isolated. Plenty of hiding places which make it a magnet for
kids drinking and getting high, drug deals, etc. Riders have to keep on
their toes.

http://www.mplsbikelove.com/forum/se...nway+attacks&t
erms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st =0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Se
arch

or

http://tinyurl.com/ccdcm2