Old April 16th 11, 10:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Wet weather in Sydney

OK, I have been debating with myself if I should really discuss this
topic as not everybody may really care about it.

Last night (or early this morning approx 0300) was the FIRST time, I
rode 14kms home in a bit of rain and my feet were DRY!!!! The ole
shopping bag trick actually worked. I think I just lucky this time
though. Maybe it was a combination of a coupla factors which I have not
previously tort of.

Meanwhile, I have identified another pain in the ass problem which is
starting to really really really annoy me. Actually, it is not a real
pain as such, but more of a problem with my seat getting wet (to put it
politely).

The rain tends to seep thru the seat of my wet weather pants when I am
riding

Any suggestions on long lasting lightweight 100% waterproof wet weather
pants? The same in tops would be nice as well.

My current wet weather gear of a mismatched collection of top jacket and
pants, appear to be made up of something similar to taffeta(?) and it
all rolls up into a tight cylindrical bundle of approx 5" high by 3"
diameter. It would be nice if I could find something similar which is
100% waterproof.