Old July 7th 18, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Safety inflation

On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 9:20:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 11:58:36 AM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:

The rider somehow “'came off' his bike and came into contact with a truck travelling in the same direction." So, he fell off his bike in front of a truck?

-- Jay Beattie.

I am guessing the biker came off his bike because the truck travelling in the same direction hit him from behind. In the two bike-car accidents I have been involved in, I came off the bike after the car hit me. Its a common occurrence. Maybe just random that he fell in front of the truck. He could have fallen to the side of the truck too.

I have no idea if radar would have helped in this situation. Fighter airplanes have radars. And the radar tells the pilot if a plane or missile is headed towards them. But the radar does not stop the bullets or missiles from hitting them. Radar just tells the pilot something is in the area that is coming towards them. With radar on a bike, it would just tell you a car is coming up behind or to the side of you. Doesn't say the car is going to hit you. I have a mirror that tells me if a car is coming up behind me. Antiquated radar. But the mirror does not tell me if the car is going to run me over.