Old September 4th 17, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Let the Laughing Begin

On 2017-09-04 13:00, wrote:
Yesterday I went on a long enough ride and the weather report turned
out to be incorrect enough that I was close to heat prostration near
the end.

I went up the MTB trail towards Placerville. Gulped down the contents of
all three 28oz water bottles which kept me humming. However, the air was
so bad from nearby wildfires that if wasn't super fun. To relax we hung
out at a horse ranch.

I hit a stone in the road that was invisible and it gave me a flat.

Should have used thick thorn-resistant tubes.

Wouldn't have helped. There was a rock shard driven threw the gatorskin at it's toughest spot.

How can a "professional" pump be so wrong? I bought a $20 Zefal floor
pump for $20 at Walmart and its gauge tracked a commercial grade
pressure gauge in my lab very well.

The professional is the one that's accurate and the cheaper one that was both showing the wrong pressure and probably letting pressure bleed off through the cheaper filler nozzle.

Now don't say I lacked the courage to publicly correct myself when I
think I was wrong. How many of you can say the same thing - John and
Frank?

My wife would do that for me if I didn't :-)

Tell me about it.