Old August 19th 09, 02:48 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
KingOfTheApes

Default Any one else get mistaken for a Hobo?

On Aug 18, 9:40*pm, AMuzi wrote:
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per KingOfTheApes:
"I live in a strange little city where the only people that typicly
ride bikes (olther than $3000 carbon fiber jobbies) are hobos and
DWIs, especialy a twenty year old schwinn MTB with a milk-crate trunk-
basket...

Last year one of the bike mags did a story whose essence was
pointing out that in one major West-coast city, the majority of
bike riders were people who could not afford public
transportation.

I believe it.

I'm a cyclist and a taxpayer and I sure can't afford the
rate of flow down the public transit money rathole.
--
Andrew Muzi
* www.yellowjersey.org/

And it sucks! At best it works in combination with bikes: The bus is
late? You take off on your bike!