Old May 16th 14, 05:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Mountain bikers are a scourge wherever they are found

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

Edward Dolan wrote:

I am amending the above with the following: Mountain bikers
need NOT get their own trails other than at resorts. Resorts are already so
messed up that a few mountain biking trails there for the idiots won't make any
difference. Other than that, I do not want mountain bikers to have any trails at
all. There are plenty of roads and streets for them. All a new set of trails
would do is mess up the rest of the countryside still unspoiled. If single track
trails are attractive to them, then they can get off their bikes and walk them
like everybody else. Hells Bells, where did I ever get the notion that mountain
bikers deserve their own trails. They don't! Instead, they deserve to have their
dumb asses kicked all the way to Hell!

At last, some honesty. This is what I always thought you wanted.

And, I can see why you didn't want to say this earlier ... because, now, you have clearly shown that you are an extremist on the fringe.

There are literally hundreds of resorts everywhere who would love to cater to mountain bikers by building trails for them. I am saying that is OK with me. Frankly, I would not be caught dead at a resort, so I will avoid that mess entirely. I just do not want any more trails built anywhere - period! Mr. Vandeman is as always 100% correct about everything, even if somewhat unrealistic at times.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain biking!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great