Old September 6th 03, 11:43 AM
Tony Raven

Default FAQ?

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 09:52:33 +0100, "Tony W"

"I was musing on this email which was delivered to my bitbucket:
"TARGET VARIOUS INTEREST GROUPS -535 MILLION EMAIL ADDRESSES!" - an
email so accurately targeted that (a) it went to an address starting
"spamdump" and (b) it came to me, someone who would not send spam if
it were the only alternative to prostitution. Who out there is
actually stupid enough to buy this crap? Beats me."

Yet there must be enough people that do to make it financially worthwhile
doing. You would think nobody would be fooled by the Nigerian scam e-mails
but I read recently Interpol were dealing with 300 Europeans alone who had
lost significant sums of money and were convinced that if they could just
get past that next hurdle the money was actually really there to be
collected. Some had mortgaged houses and everything to raise the money for
the next payment their Nigerian counterpart needed to "pay off another
awkward official in the way".

As Mr Bush said, you can fool some of the people all of the time and those
are the one's we're after.

Tony

--
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."
Mark Twain