Old July 11th 05, 11:27 PM
john_childs

Default "Aaah, summer" or "Aargh, summer": Nettles!

Do you wear leg armour, like the 661 4x4's?

Leg armour and arm armour and full finger gloves will protect you from
the nettles. There aren't many trails around here that have nettles and
I don't ride those trails very often. But when I do I wear the armour
and don't have a problem.

Long cycling tights and those cycling arm warmers (the kind that you
slip on your arms up to your upper arm) will also protect you from the
nettle stings. When you get through the nettles you can push the arm
warmers down to let your arms cool off. There are also leg warmers that
slip on up to your shorts. Anything lycra like that covers your skin
will protect you from the nettle sting.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com