Old November 5th 06, 06:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Default Mounting Tubeless Tire on tubeless rim

wrote:
Hello, I got my first flat on my Bontrager Revolt Super X mounted on a
Bontrager Race Lite tubeless ready rim (with a tube inside). Luckily
the tire went flat when I got home. It was somewhat difficult taking
the tire off to get at the tube but I managed. My problem is that I
can't get the tire back on the rim. As hard as I try I can't get the
blasted thing back on. Is there some kind of trick to putting these
tires back on? I tried the soapy water trick but that didn't seem to
help. Maybe I need more soap? This is really frustrating. I'm glad
this didn't happen to me on the trail.

Thanks for any advice.

Try Mavic's website. I took a clinic on how to do it and it's almost
easy if you snap the bead in with the correct twist.

JD