Old June 22nd 04, 08:25 PM
Robert McMillen

Default Tour route, revisited

Has anyone seen the specific tour route with streets and ETAs? I saw
that the Tour de France edition of Cycle SPort is out, but I've not
gotten mine so I don't know if it's in there or not.

This morning on my bike commute to work, a friend suggested that the
exact route had not been released in an effort to twhwart potential
terrorists. But this seems a little silly given that there must be over
a thousand journalists, racers, tour guides, printers, etc who have seen
the race bible by now. And obviously each municipality involved must
have seen the details about at least some of the route.

So ... any ideas why the exact route has not been posted on www.letour.fr

-r