Old June 26th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich

Default Twitchy steering fix?

"al sharff" wrote in message

I bought an Independent Fabrication steel Crown Jewel used - it's a
stock frame (non custom) with an IF steel fork - straight blades.

It has very "twitchy" steering when I'm in a descending tight corner.
I tend to oversteer in those situations. The bike feels like it pulls
into the turn to a point where I'm about to loose control.

This is probably caused by too much "trail" in the steering. This is easy to
fix by replacing the fork. The trouble is finding which fork has the correct
trail for your frame. This requires pretty much a good frame designer to
know.