Old May 9th 21, 11:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Power Meters?

On 5/9/2021 3:17 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 09 May 2021 09:49:22 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sat, 08 May 2021 19:09:15 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sat, 8 May 2021 14:37:02 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

I prefer my Casio Solar that is totally electronic, recharges
from sunlight or even tabletop lamps and resets to accurate
time every time a GPS satellite passes overhead.

Nope. The Casio Solar Atomic G-Shock watches and others use WWVB (in
North America) at 60 KHz and not GPS at about 1.5 GHz.

"How Radio Controlled Casio Watches sync with Atomic Clock"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sMb_8KocAA

Do people still wear watches? I just look at my cell phone :-)

Yep. Smart watches are currently the rage:
https://www.google.com/search?q=smar****ch&hl=en&tbm=isch
I don't have one (yet) but I've been playing with those owned by
friends. One nice feature is that the Bluetooth connection to the
smartphone can be used to initiate or answer phone calls. Some have
various medical recorders (pulse oximeter, temperature, afib
detection, ECG, etc):
https://www.apple.com/healthcare/apple-watch/
Of course, they are now wearable cycling computahs:
https://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/g20023538/9-great-smart-watches-for-cyclists/
or radiation detectors:
https://www.mtmwatch.com/collections/special-ops/rad/

What's a "cell phone"? You need a smartphone so you too can practice
distracted driving, acting rude, poking the screen, and have it run
your life. Soon, everyone will have a smartphone. Oh wait... they
already do.

*ahem*

everyone??

--