Old June 4th 04, 08:33 PM
Arthur Harris

Default Consumer Reports bicycle review

"David Kerber" wrote:
Did anybody see this? They reviewed FS MTB's, hardtails, comfort bikes
and hybrids, though only a relatively few models of each one.

They also had a relatively long sidebar about why buying from a mass-
market retailer was not a good idea except for the most casual adult
rider, or for a kid who's going to outgrow it in a year or two. They
mainly pointed out the same things we say here, about weight, proper
adjustments, quality of build, etc. Overall, not perfect, but a pretty
good article.

I think that's the one I saw, though IIRC it was about a year old. Is it the
one that rated Bianchi the best road bike? A couple of their comments made
me wince, like:

"Aluminum is stiff but light, steel is more comfortable but heavy."

and

"Road bikes generally don't have shocks, so the frame is the only thing that
absorbs shock."

Art Harris