Old September 15th 14, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Duane[_3_]

Default Transitions

On 9/13/2014 6:01 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

I was caught off guard by the change in the weather. On Monday I was
a little less sweat-soaked than before, then on my next ride (which
was yesterday), I wore an undershirt and really should have worn
gloves.

Today, I went out in three shirts and gloves -- wearing short, thin
linen trousers. But it got warm enough that I took off the gloves.

We'll have another warm spell just after I remember how to ride in
cold weather.

Sunday a week ago my bike ride was hot and windy local ride. Last
Saturday we did the Champlain Islands. Forecast was for 16C and a
slight chance of rain with light winds. 50km into a 100km ride it
started to rain and continued for the rest of the ride. Fairly well
pouring for the last 15k. The temperature never got above 9C and the
moderate winds turned into 40k/h gusts coming off Lake Champlain.

At a quick rest room stop a local walked by and told me "you guys must
really like riding your bikes!" lol. I guess that about sums it up.

We'll have snow here in a couple of months so you have to take what you
get. But we definitely weren't ready for the weather that we had.