Old April 30th 18, 05:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Installing a chain

On 2018-04-26 02:21, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
Hello,

With my previous thread about chain lubrication, I realized that I have
always had some trouble installing a chain. It is not really difficult,
but several issues complicate the procedu the crankcase makes it hard
to position the chain around the ring, and the final assembly is done
under tension from the derailleur.

Perhaps there are some tricks to ease the procedure?

"Feed" the chain on from behind while cranking forward by hand. For the
derailer use an old bungee cord to keep it tensioned forward. It should
be one you won't use anywhere else because it'll become a little grimy
and greasy over time. A piece of rope and two plastic or plastic-covered
hooks will also do. Or use cheap packaging rope and no hooks.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/