Old November 15th 18, 03:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default cleaning the bike

On 11/14/2018 6:29 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 11/14/2018 4:43 PM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
The commune is setting up a bike maintenance
station. There are no tools so far, or perhaps
because it is open 24/7 so if there were they
would disappear. But there is a strong light (to
examine the bike and do repairs), air, and
water with a strong beam to clean the bike.

There is where I'm a bit hesitant, don't you
flush away grease in layers and get water into
the the chain, and wash away lube?

About the layers in modern bikes, are they
"machine layers" (?), i.e. sealed in a small
cylinders or discs, or are they open as in old
bikes with or without retainers?

Should you clean your bike with that much force
and water?

The pithy Jim Mateja, car editor, Chicago Tribune:
QÂ* What should I use to clean my vehicle?
AÂ* Teenagers.

That's what I use for cutting my lawn. Works well enough for me!

--
- Frank Krygowski