Old November 18th 18, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Chain wear and cassette question

On Sun, 18 Nov 2018 07:44:42 -0800, Joerg

On 2018-11-17 15:07, John B. slocomb wrote:
On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 07:54:44 -0800, Joerg

On 2018-11-17 07:05, AMuzi wrote:
On 11/17/2018 12:29 AM, John B. slocomb wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 16:08:05 -0800, Joerg

On 2018-11-14 15:46, AMuzi wrote:
On 11/14/2018 5:42 PM, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 08:02:03 -0800, Joerg wrote:

Joerg in particular might enjoy their B-Rad system (except that it
won't fit his favorite growler).
https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/...b-rad-products

I can't because my MTB doesn't even have the space for a single water
bottle of decent size. Even the bike dealer where I bought is said
"WHAT?? How could they now have that?". So I mounted one holder on
the
handlebar (I have a bike with a cup holder now!) plus modded the rear
section for some heavy duty longhaul schlepping.

http://www.analogconsultants.com/ng/bike/Muddy4.JPG

Naah, under the down tube, maybe even on top of the down tube close to
bottom bracket. And you could fit a real keg on top of the top tubes.

Under the downtube it gets dirty with horse poop, cow poop, bear poop
and dirty water, plus rock hits. Above there isn't enough space for a
decent size bottle, 28oz and such.

I used to carry two bottles on a carrier that mounted to the seat
rails and held the bottles behind the seat. There are also carriers
that mount on the handle bars and as a last resort I've carried
bottles in the pockets of my cycling jersey.

Real men prefer handlebar cages:

https://roma.corriere.it/methode_ima...e-Web-Roma.JPG

That is similar to what I have on my MTB, except more upright like a cup
holder in a car. _Very_ practical. Not having to reach down allows me to
take a quick sip even in situations where you cannot control the
handlebar single-handedly for long.

I'd also have that on my road bike and might some day. However, that's
where the MP3 player already resides and the bar is so narrow.

But you can buy wider bars. see
https://tinyurl.com/y7npyvt7
and heat treated after bending means that they are super strong too
:-)

Then I'd go all out:

https://www.bicycledesigner.com/bike...er-chrome.html

Plus a nice loud Harley sound on the MP3 player.

The traditional noisemaker is a playing card held to the front fork
leg with a clothespin that the spokes hit. Rrrrrrrr :-)
cheers,

John B.