Old July 9th 03, 04:06 PM
Pat

Default Prickly Heat?

x-no-archive:yes

Using a long-sleeved jersey and no sun-block on the arms sounds like
the obvious thing to try. If that works OK then maybe try other
sunblock preparations to see if there's one that doesn't irritate you.
Maybe also try taking a shower before the ride.

--Paul

I tried using a sleeveless Coolmax shirt and no sun-block on the upper arms
as it was slightly overcast and a bit cool after the thunderstorms the night
before. I wound up with bright red upper arms, but no bumps--well, no new
bumps. In fact, I think the old bumps have flattened out. And, when the red
turns to tan, maybe my arms will all be one color. I am wondering if the
tight band on the short sleeves contributed to this problem. I noticed that
some other people were wearing jerseys with the band on the sleeves not
being so constricted. OTOH, I liked wearing sleeveless, so maybe I will go
out and buy a new sleeveless jersey.

Thanks for the suggestions.....

Pat in TX