Old September 5th 03, 01:10 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default FAQ

"Richard Bates" wrote in
message ...

I think a regular welcome post explaining who we
are, what urc is about could be what is required.
Perhaps also included in the welcome post could be stuff
about what we see to be courteous/discourteous, for example frequency
of For Sale ads, binaries, TdF spoilers, crossposting to uk.tosspot,
HTML

That was the kind of thing I had in mind. Big FAQs won't get read, but any
newbie who hasn't heard of Sh3ld0n's site needs to know of its existence
ASAP.

Much of what goes on in urc starts with somebody posting a question
rather than a statement. I think that an FAQ could quite possibly kill
off some of the threads which keep urc alive.

I wouldn't think so. My expectation would be that the questions would just
come slightly further along the line. The "which bike" question can never
be answered in a FAQ, after all. But we can hope to remind people to do a
bit of background reading before making any statement relating to
polystyrene foam deflector beanies ;-)

--
Guy
===