Old February 10th 05, 12:46 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
The magnesium lowers of my 2003 Manitou Skareb Comp had begun to crack last
year, about 6 months before I stopped riding it. I've kept it stashed away
for a while until today, when I was cleaning my room and found the lowers.
I gave the legs a light (maybe 2.5-4lb) squeeze, and they snapped. Although
I didn't mean to snap them, they lent some interesting insight into their
failure.

snip extensive research

Dude, way too much analytical time on your hands! You forgot to do a
gas chromatograph test on the magnesium dust. That should give you the
exact compound ingredients.

If that happened to me, I wouldn't waste time analyzing it. I'd just
buy a new fork and ride.

Too much flat Florida sunshine and college beer!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws