Old December 10th 17, 05:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

Default New B&M 100lux headlight.

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 10:50:27 +0700, John B wrote:
On Sat, 09 Dec 2017 19:41:16 -0600, Tim McNamara
wrote:

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017 10:34:13 +0100, Sepp Ruf
wrote:

black-tinted rear window; auto-dimming mirrors; manure-spreading
trailer.

I have an auto-dimming mirror in my new car. It verges on useless as
it does not dim anywhere near enough. I'd rather have a manual mirror
so that I don't have to reach up and point the damned mirror at the
ceiling so that I'm not blinded by the vehicle behind me.

My wife's small Honda has a manual tab on the bottom of the mirror.
Flick it with your finger and the "guy behind"'s lights are focused on
the ceiling :-)

Yep, like every car I have owned before this one. Self-dimming mirrors
strike me as a solution is search of a problem. Self-dimming side
mirrors are also an option; those might actually be useful since the
glare from those is more problematic to me than the mirror inside the
car.