Old October 18th 18, 09:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Replacing a used front rim

On Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 4:29:11 AM UTC-4, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
Thank you all for the advice, I will carefully check the effective rim
diameter.

Now, since I am keeping the old hub, that contains a dynamo, and the
spokes, I will not exactly be building a wheel, just changing the rim.
To do this, a colleague of mine suggested a tip he used for doing the
same: attaching spokes together with some tape, everywhere they cross.
Then, after unscrewing the nipples, the rim can be removed while the
spokes stay in position. This way, the new rim can be positionned, and
nipples screwed back without having to position spokes one by one.

I will tell you how it turns out.

--
Tanguy

The best way to switch a rim of equal ERD with an old one is to tape the new rim to the old rim and then just move each spoke from the old rim to the new rim as you undo each spoke from t he old rim.

Cheers