Old September 19th 18, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

Default Yet another lemming pedestrian in London

On 17/09/2018 22:29, TMS320 wrote:

On 17/09/18 19:10, wrote:

The comment at the top says it all!

QUOTE: Pedestrian was at fault. If this was a Cyclist no doubt the
people on here would be blaming them instead. END QUOTE.

Correction. Everybody and their dog would blame the cyclist. Looks like
a good reason for cyclists to overtake on the left.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...steps-him.html

Ah, the standard motorist call of "she came out of nowhere". Yes, if the
vehicles the mc was overtaking were stationary, the rider is contributory.

Ah... but was he aggressively "overtaking" or much more benignly, just
"filtering"?

I doubt it makes much difference to his victim.

As you imply, stopped traffic is... er... stopped. Pedestrians, in my
submission are entitled to take note and advantage of the stillness and
temporary non-mobility of stopped traffic. Let's all be careful of what
we wish for. I am sure that many would share my view that we do not wish
to end up with a NYC-style law against crossing the road on foot
anywhere but at the traffic lights on the corner right down at the end
of the street.