Old May 20th 12, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Ian Jackson[_2_]

Default A meeting with plod on Friday

In message
,
Simon Mason writes
On May 19, 7:54*pm, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 19/05/2012 19:32, Simon Mason wrote:

"Tony Dragon" wrote in message
On 08/05/2012 18:21, Simon Mason wrote:
I have a meeting with Humberside Police scheduled for 1100 this Friday
in connection with two counts of dangerous driving that I wish to report
in connection with the following incident.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/roadrage.wmv

I will report back in due course.

You've had a week, how about an interim report.

I did not bother in the end.
It turned out that I would have had to cycle to Queen's Gardens in the city
centre at 1100, make a statement then as I was due to be at work for 1430
would have had to freeze my nuts off for two hours with best result that he
may get a ticking off, so I would have ended up more inconvenienced than he
would have been.

When I rang up to cancel, plod was most upset as he was a cyclist himself
and wanted to see if he could prosecute the driver.
--
Simon Mason

Translation #1 *'I bottled it'
Translation #2 *'It was all lies, so here is a lie to cover up the other
lies'

Why should I have "bottled it"?
I can give you the incident log number if you wish and you can check
yourself with Humberside Police - in fact I will photocopy it when I
get home.
I simply could not be arsed. that's all.

"Not being arsed" to do anything about it is how the vast majority of
motorists (and probably also cyclists) feel about the daily incidents
and near-accidents they experience when out on their travels. It's a
sign of maturity, and shows you have a realistic view of the world. If
you are also starting to feel the same, then welcome to the grown-ups'
club.
--
Ian