Old March 16th 07, 01:51 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Estom

Default Mountain Bikers Just Don't Get It!

Hehe... That's one stubborn dude )
I just came back to check the group after a couple of years and good ol'
Mike is still here )

Mike, I'll share a secret with you... I also ride ATVs and Jeeps...I bet
now, you won't be able to sleep )

Estom - The Polak

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
Incredible as it may seem, mountain bikers actually think that
damaging activities like mountain-top removal make mountain biking
damage acceptable! After you stop laughing, let them know what you
think.

Mike

Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:34:26 -0700
From: Josh
Subject: [ROMP] environmental destruction (off topic)

I came across this site called http://www.ilovemountains.org about
mountain top mining in the Appalachians. Compared to the impact caused
by mountain biking, it seems we environmentalists have much bigger
issues to concern ourselves with than a little siltation in streams or
running over the occasional snake.

Mountain top mining removes the mountain top, mines coal, and dumps
the rock and soil from the mountain into nearby canyons and gulches,
completely burying entire riparian habitats.

Josh
===

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande