Old July 13th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Selecting a Bike

Only giant road bikes use this. Hybrids generally use a traditional
diamond frame so it doesnt matter. Where are you at? I dont think I
would buy a bike from a shop without riding it!!!! That's the only
advantage of a shop. You might as well go to www.bikesdirect.com and
save a lot of $$$$. At 5'7" you should need an 18" frame.
For most efficient pedaling your knee should be slightly bent with the
ball of your foot on the pedal in its lowest position.

On Jul 13, 12:33*pm, Katuzo wrote:
So your main objection to the Giant is the way the frame looks? Did I
get that right? Or does the geometry affect it's handling and
performance capability?

Trying out the bikes would be nice, but all they do is let you sit on
them,

Do you have any other alternate suggestions for bikes similiar to the
Cypress, I'd like to know before I go and
buy one this week? I beleive someone mentioned a Cannondale, but
didn't give a model number. Just try to please keep the cost below
$500, which I feel is reasonable.

*I did tried out a nice Cypress at my LBS yesterday. I do have a
question however, I know the balls of your feet are suppose to touch
while sitting on the bike, however, at this point how high should your
heels be?
Katuzo