Old June 24th 11, 05:52 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Krypsis

Default OT : 23 channels and nothing to watch!

On 21/06/2011 2:00 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
On 21/06/2011 1:36 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:
On 20/06/2011 5:02 PM, terryc wrote:
Geoff Lock wrote:

Ah, I have a bunch of 8GB flash drives lying around somewhere - I had
thought it'd take several 100GBs to do a recording but then I never did
sit down and calculate what I really needed and I was looking for an
excuse to buy a 500GB external USB HDD.

You can get two terabytes for about $100 now.

Some of them need external power from what I have heard.

All of them (3.5" HDD equipped) need external power. Only the mini ones,
ie. 2.5 inch laptop HDDs, get away with USB port power. Even then, some
laptop drives take a heap of current and can easily pop your USB port.
Done that myself on occasion.

Krypsis