Old July 8th 04, 03:08 PM
Churchill

Default Why do my hard earned tax dollars support a bike team?

"Marty Wallace" wrote in message
om.au...

"Sam" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Alex Rodriguez" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Hey,
Why does the US federal Government support a bike team in France? I
work hard for my money, and think the taxes I pay could be better
used. What a Boondoggle!

Like any other company, you have to advertise to get more business.

USPS
wanted to get more customers in Europe to use their service, so they

sponser
a bicycle racing team. For the money they spend, they get an

excellent
return on investment. So they continued to do so until ignorant folks
started to complain.
-------------
Alex

I would like to see some proof that they are getting bang for their buck

in
terms of promotion and advertising. I doubt they are.

My God you're an idiot.
The fastest rider and the fastest team in the biggest race in the world!
And you want proof?
If you don't think thats good promotion and advertising then you tell us
what is.

Marty

Speaking as a non-American I would never have heard of the "USPS" if it
wasn't for the Tour, so their marketing worked in my case

USPS is smart to do this, they are getting all of Europe focused on their
name, cycling 'I sense' is much more popular in Europe than North America