Old February 2nd 05, 12:07 AM
Chalo

Default Shimano Nexus 8-speed Hubs

Jay Beattie wrote:

I do not follow this segment of the market. Why do people want
an internal geared hub? It seems incredibly complicated.

Perhaps you would be in the market for a car with an external
derailleur system then?

On one hand, such a car would be simpler, possibly more efficient, and
probably lighter than one with a gearbox. On the other, it would throw
its chain at inopportune times and wear out quickly, all the while
making a disgusting mess, demanding constant maintenance, and likely
posing a operating hazard.

This correlates nicely to my opinion of derailleur bikes as compared to
gearhub bikes. Subtract the hazardous operation, and substitute a
structurally flawed rear wheel.

Chalo Colina