Old February 2nd 05, 05:39 AM
Boyle M. Owl

Default Shimano Nexus 8-speed Hubs

Jay Beattie wrote:

I do not follow this segment of the market. Why do people want
an internal geared hub? It seems incredibly complicated.

Ease of maintenence, for one. Secondly, it's less complicated *from the
user point of view* by far. Simply hop on the bike and go. No
derailleur to adjust, front or rear. Being able to shift while stopped
at a stoplight is also a plus.

IOW, it's great for city bikes.

BTW, I've got a triple and a 7 speed cassette. I only use about 4 gears
plus the granny gear to get up College Hill (Where Brown U is in
Providence RI). An 8 speed internal hub would be plenty for me.

--
BMO