Old June 9th 11, 08:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Default Max heart rates and age

Choppy Warburton wrote:
I've always used the old 220 - age formula to calculate MHR. Based
on my age it would be 170 and I've been training by that standard for
some time now.

Last night I got ****ed at this guy trying to ride faster than me and
broke my training pace for several 3 minute intervals. I thought I
saw 179 on the HRM but actually had valid periods of 185-186 during
these efforts.

Being faster is normally the best revenge but finding out my MHR is 16
years younger than I am felt even better.

This page says I have the heart of a 30 yr old.

http://www.brianmac.co.uk/maxhr.htm

So I am feeling really good about that.

Anyone else have some input on this subject? Thanks

Consider increasing your stimulant dosage.