Old December 23rd 03, 08:58 PM
Peter Cremasco

Default Cleaning my MTB

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:33:36 +1000, "Ozzii Pete" wrote:

Hi guys, I want to give my MTB a good clean this weekend, my question is,
can I just buy some cheap Degreaser and spray it everywhere, then hose it
of, and just relube everything, or will this do damage, and I should get
some proper stuff.
Any tips ?

My tip would be to use a bucket of hot water and detergent, and a parts
cleaning brush, and do your cleaning with that.

Degreaser will impact on the rubber components of your bike - tyres,
seals, brake pads.

Once you've cleaned it with the hot water and detergent (and a bit of
elbow grease) allow it to dry properly and then touch up moving parts
and rubber bits with Inox (good corrosion inhibitor, water displacer,
and general protectant.

---
Cheers

PeterC

[Rushing headlong: out of control - and there ain't no stopping]
[and there's nothing you can do about it at all]